All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £20.08
- £17.44Trending at £25.11
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £20.79Trending at £35.16
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
About this product
- DescriptionTutorial chapters by leaders in the field introduce state-of-the-art methods to handle information integration problems of omics data.
- Author BiographyGeorge Tseng completed his Sc.D. in biostatistics with a concentration in genomics from the Harvard School of Public Health. He is currently a Professor of Biostatistics, Human Genetics, and Computational and Systems Biology at the University of Pittsburgh. His research interests focus on statistical and computational method development for analyzing high-throughput omics data. Debashis Ghosh completed his Ph.D. in biostatistics from the University of Washington. After serving on the faculty in the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan and in the Department of Statistics at Pennsylvania State University, he is currently Chair and Professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Informatics at the Colorado School of Public Health. His interests in statistical genomics have primarily focused on the development of novel methods for integration of high-throughput data from different platforms. These motivating problems have also led to lines of methodologic research in the areas of multiple comparisons procedures, machine learning techniques and Empirical Bayes procedures. Ghosh is a recipient of several awards including Fellow of the American Statistical Association and the 2013 recipient of the Mortimer Spiegelman Award, for early career contributions of statistics in applied public health problems. Jasmine Zhou completed her Ph.D. at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich), and conducted her post-doc training at Harvard University. She is currently a professor of biological sciences and computer science at the University of Southern California. Dr Zhou is the PI of the NIH center for knowledge base on disease connections within the MAPGen consortium. Dr Zhou heads the laboratory of computational integrative genomics at the University of Southern California, addressing the 'Big Data' challenges brought by the enormous amount of extremely diverse genomic data in public repositories. She was a recipient of several awards including an Alfred Sloan fellowship and a NSF Career award.
- Author(s)Debashis Ghosh,George C. Tseng,Xianghong Jasmine Zhou
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note147 b/w illus. 23 colour illus. 31 tables
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.