CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £37.76Trending at £54.10
- £23.32Trending at £24.37
- £12.91Trending at £13.72
- £17.10Trending at £27.48
- £15.48Trending at £18.98
- £8.15Trending at £9.03
- £11.18Trending at £17.11
About this product
- DescriptionUrban congestion is a growing and seemingly intractable problem. This award-winning paper interweaves traffic data collection with data mining and operations research techniques to quantify the value of dynamic and time-sensitive information in city logistics.
- Author BiographyJan Fabian Ehmke has been committed to optimization of urban transportation since his days as a high school student. He majored in Decision Support, Information Systems, and Urban Traffic Management at Technical University of Braunschweig. Besides his university obligations, he worked in consulting engineer's office, and in 2007 he joined Dr. Dirk Christian Mattfeld's group as a research assistant. Since then he has been involved in a variety of traffic and transportation projects ranging from industry collaborations to purely academic contexts. Having a background in management science, he has focused on interweaving the commonly distinct areas of information systems, operations research, and traffic engineering. Ehmke has continuously published and presented his work, receiving particular attention from the aforementioned scientific communities. His recently finished PhD thesis involves a comprehensive treatment of the distinct areas' contributions to dynamic routing of city logistics services. He is currently preparing for a PostDoc visit at the University of Iowa.
- Author(s)Jan Ehmke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number177
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight332 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.