All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Suzanne B. Hanser
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight406 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword.- Preface.- Introduction. Part I: Maps for the Journey.- 1. In Sickness and in Health.- 2. Integration: Medicine, Health and, Empowerment.- 3. Holistic Healing.- 4. Roots of Healing Music.- Part II: The Journey.- 5. Tuning In: The Music Therapist's Journey.- 6. Stepping into the Journey with your Companion.- 7. Orienting to the Journey: The Mythic Way.- 8. The Journey from Illness to Wellness.- Part III: Pathways through the Journey.- 9. The Way to Comfort.- 10. The Way to Awaken.- 11. The Way to the Musical Self.- The Way to Cope.- Conclusion: The Way to Peace.
- Author BiographySuzanne Hanser chairs the Music Therapy Department at Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA. She is past president of the American Music Therapy Association and World Federation of Music Therapy, and has authored three other books on the subject. She also established the music therapy service at the Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.59Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.04
- £4.51Trending at £7.10
- £6.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.77
- £7.21Trending at £7.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.