Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £21.38Trending at £25.03
- £23.02Trending at £23.32
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £12.96Trending at £16.84
- £10.98Trending at £17.02
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Islamic Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byKomatsu Hisao,Kosugi Yasushi,Stephane A. Dudoignon
- Table Of ContentsPart 1: Al-Manar in the Changing Islamic World 1. Al-Manar Revisited: The Lighthouse of the Islamic Revival 2. Al-Manar and Popular Religion in Syria, 1898-1920 3. The Manarists and Modernism: An Attempt to Fuse Society and Religion 4. The Influence of Al-Manar on Islamism in Turkey: The Case of Mehmed Akif 5. Echoes to Al-Manar among the Muslims of the Russian Empire: A Preliminary Research Note on Riza ad-Din b. Fakhr ad-Din and the Sura (1908-1918) 6. Rationalizing Patriotism among Muslim Chinese: The Impact of the Middle East on the Yuehua Journal 7. The Transmission of Al-Manar's Reformism to the Malay-Indonesian World: The Case of Al-Imam and Al-Muni Part 2: Intellectuals in Challenge: Situations, Discourses, Strategies 8. The Arabo-Islamic Constitutional Thought at 1907: 'Abd Al-Karim Murad (d. 1926) and His Draft Constitution for Morocco 9. Constructing Transnational Islam: The East-West Network of Shakib Arslan 10. Muslim Intellectuals in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the Twentieth Century: Continuities and Changes 11. From Social Development to Religious Knowledge: Transformation of the Isma'ilis in Northern Pakistan 12. Islam on the Wings of Nationalism: The Case of Muslim Intellectuals in Republican China 13. Muslim Intellectuals and Japan: A Pan-Islamist Mediator: Abdurreshid Ibrahim 14. Clash of Cultures? Intellectuals, their Publics, and Islam
- Author BiographyStephane A. DUDOIGNON is a research fellow at the National Center for Scientific Research (Strasbourg). KOMATSU Hisao is a professor at the Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, The University of Tokyo. KOSUGI Yasushi is a professor at the Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies, Kyoto University.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.