All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number83
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note5, 5 ill., num. tables and graphs
- Weight590 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byCarmen Marimon-Llorca,Chelo Vargas-Sierra,Victoria Guillen-Nieto
- Edition Statement1st New edition
- Table Of ContentsContents: Victoria Guillen-Nieto/Carmen Marimon-Llorca/Chelo Vargas-Sierra: Preface - Victoria Guillen-Nieto: Crossing Disciplines in Intercultural Communication Research - Victoria Escandell-Vidal: Social Cognition and Intercultural Communication - Jose Mateo/Francisco Yus: Business Language from a Cognitive Perspective - Annette Grindsted: Intercultural Negotiations: Theories Revisited - Paula Ronkainen: Multi-cultural Meetings - Miguel Angel Campos-Pardillos/Isabel Balteiro-Fernandez: Building Bridges...and Properties Aplenty: Cultural Problems in Spanish Marketing for Real Estate Prospective British Buyers - Miguel Angel Garcia-Yeste: The Language of Graphic Advertising in Spain: Bridging the Cultural Gap - Francisco Javier Diaz-Perez: Perspective Selection and Politeness in the Production of Face-Threatening Acts in English and Spanish - M* Antonia Martinez Linares: From Hiding the Speaker to Persuasion: se-Passive and se-Impersonal Constructions - Carmen Marimon-Llorca: Cultural Models and Social Discourses in Business: the Case of - Ideological - Politeness Strategies in Service Encounters - Amparo Garcia-Carbonell/Frances Watts: Simulation and Gaming Methodology in Language Acquisition - Beverly Rising: Business Simulations as a Vehicle for Language Acquisition - Gert Jan Hofstede/Paul B. Pedersen/Geert Hofstede: The Synthetic Cultures Model as a Simulation and Gaming Methodology for Intercultural Sensitization and Training in Business Settings.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Victoria Guillen-Nieto has been the head of the Department of English Studies at the University of Alicante since 2003. As a senior lecturer in this department, she has been lecturing in applied linguistics and English for speci?c purposes, on both graduate and postgraduate courses, for over twenty years. Nowadays, she coordinates the of?cial Master's in English and Spanish for Speci?c Purposes at the IULMA. Carmen Marimon-Llorca is a senior lecturer in the Department of Spanish Studies at the University of Alicante. Her recent publications deal with rhetoric and discourse, and pragmatic analysis in Spanish. She is also a member of the research group EPA (Spanish for Professional and Academic Purposes) at the IULMA. Chelo Vargas-Sierra is a senior lecturer in the Department of English Studies at the University of Alicante. She has mainly done research interminology/terminography, corpus linguistics, and specialized translation.
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £43.55Trending at £49.43
- £24.99Trending at £26.57
- £12.79Trending at £13.33
- £19.67Trending at £20.68
- £11.68Trending at £12.39
- £4.50Trending at £4.99
- £63.23Trending at £93.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.