All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntercultural Discourse and Communication: The Essential Readings is a collection of articles that discuss major theoretical approaches, case studies of cultural and sub--cultural contact from around the globe, issues of identity in a biculturala individuals, and the a real worlda implications of intercultural contact and conflict.
- Author BiographyScott F. Kiesling is Assistant Professor of Linguistics at the University of Pittsburgh. His work on areas such as language and gender, language and ethnicity/race, discourse analysis, sociolinguistic variation, and Australian English has been published in Journal of Linguistic Anthropology, Journal of Sociolinguistics, and various edited volumes. Christina Bratt Paulston is Professor Emerita of Linguistics at the University of Pittsburgh. She served as chair of the department from 1974 to 1989 and as director of the English Language Institute from 1969 to 1998. Her numerous publications include Sociolinguistics: The Essential Readings (Blackwell 2003, edited with G. Richard Tucker), Memories and Reflections: The Early Days of Sociolinguistics (1997, edited with G. Richard Tucker), and Sociolinguistic Perspectives on Bilingual Education (1992).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2004
- Series TitleLinguistics: The Essential Readings
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note4 illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChristina Bratt Paulston,Scott F. Kiesling
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.