CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £19.50Trending at £25.49
- £15.92Trending at £22.84
- £13.43Trending at £18.95
- £14.00Trending at £20.12
- £9.99Trending at £11.24
- £7.29Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the rich contextual nature of learning and the role of school leaders and leadership development in promoting it. It concludes that inserting the preposition 'for' between the terms 'leadership' and 'learning' forces a useful wider perspective.
- Author BiographyTony Townsend commenced as Professor and Chair of Public Service, Educational Leadership and Management at the University of Glasgow in January 2009. Prior to that he spent five years as Professor and Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership in the College of Education at Florida Atlantic University and more than 20 years in the Faculty of Education at Monash University in Australia. From 1987 to 1996, Regional Director of the International Community Education As-sociation's Pacific Region He has been President of the Australian Association for Community Education (1986) the International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (1999-2001) and the International Council on Education for Teaching (2003-2006). He has been the Myron and Margaret Winegarden visiting professor at the University of Michigan (2002-03) and visiting professor in Pretoria (2006) and Durban (2008), South Africa; Saskatoon, Canada (2000); Macau (2006); and Malaysia (2007-2010). In May 2005 he was the Australian Council for Educational Leaders' Travelling Scholar. He has published extensively in the areas of leadership, school effectiveness, school improvement community education and development, in Australia, Europe and North America. His recent books include: - The Elusive What and the Problematic How: The Essential Leadership Questions for School Leaders and Educational Re-searchers, (2008), Sense, (edited with Ira Bogotch) - Teacher Education in Times of Change: Globalization, Standards and Professionalism (2007), Springer, (edited with Richard Bates) - The International Handbook of School Effectiveness and Improvement (2007), Springer, (Edited) John MacBeath is Professor Emeritus at the University of Cam-bridge where he has held the Chair of Educational Leadership since 2000. He is currently is Project Director for the Commonwealth Centre in Education. From 1997 to 2001 he was a member of the Tony Blair's Task Force on Standards and from 1997 to 1999 Scotland's Action Group on Standards. In 1997 he received the OBE for services to education. International consultancies have included OECD, UNESCO and ILO (International Labour Organisation), the Bertelsmann Foundation, the European Commission and an EU working party on European indicators. In 2006 he assumed the Presidency of the International Congress on School Effectiveness and Improvement. In June 2008 he received an honorary doctorate from the University of Edinburgh. Since 1997 he has been a consultant to the Hong Kong Education Bureau on school self evaluation, external school review and on implementation of the new 3-3-4 reform.
- Date of Publication10/07/2011
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSpringer International Handbooks of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight2374 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine81 mm
- Edited byJohn MacBeath,Tony Townsend
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.