All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Human Rights studies the ways in which states and other international actors have addressed human rights since the end of World War II. This unique textbook features substantial attention to the domestic politics of human rights, as well as an extensive emphasis on theory. The fourth edition is substantially rewritten and reorganized to enhance usability, with new material is added to bring the text up to date. The sections covering multilateral, bilateral, and transnational action have been broken into seven short chapters, and new case studies provide context and points of comparison. Additionally, nine problems have been added to the text, which along with the chapter-ending discussion questions, frame alternative interpretations, highlight controversies, and ultimately aim to provoke further thought and discussion.
- Author BiographyJack Donnelly is the Andrew W. Mellon Professor of International Relations at the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver. He has written two other books and over fifty articles and book chapters on the theory and practice of internationally recognized human rights, which have been widely reprinted and translated into eight languages, on the theory and practice of internationally recognized human rights.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Whelan,Jack Donnelly
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- GenrePolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Weight364 g
- Width157 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement4th edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.