All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.84Trending at £11.22
- £10.48Trending at £10.85
- £4.63Trending at £5.29
- £4.37Trending at £4.82
- £24.93Trending at £25.34
- £13.68Trending at £17.34
- £7.18Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on cultural theory and concepts from Asian art and philosophy, this book reflects on the role of interpretation in the act of architectural creation, bringing an intellectual and scholarly dimension to real-world architectural design practice. It includes essays that consider interpretation from 3 themes: play, edification and otherness.
- Author BiographyProfessor Adrian Snodgrass is an internationally renowned authority in Buddhist Studies and Buddhist art. He also researches in the area of hermeneutical philosophy and its application to knowledge production and cross-cultural understanding. He is editor of The Architectural Theory Review and Architectural Theory, and his books on Buddhism have become classics in the field. Professor Richard Coyne researches and teaches in the areas of information technology in practice, computer-aided design in architecture, philosophy of information technology, digital media, and design theory. He inaugurated the MSc in Design and Digital Media, in which he also teaches. He is author of two recent books on the implications of information technology and design with MIT Press. He is a registered architect (Australia), and was recently Head of the University of Edinburgh Department of Architecture.
- Author(s)Adrian Snodgrass,Richard Coyne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note70 black & white halftones, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.