All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of this best-selling introduction to conducting qualitative research in applied and clinical settings retains the clear, practical guidance for researchers and students in health, social service, mental health, and related settings. This edition includes additional material on knowledge synthesis and integration, evidence-based practice, and data analysis.
- Author BiographySally Thorne, is a Professor at the School of Nursing and Associate Dean of the Faculty of Applied Science at the University of British Columbia. The research emphasis of her career has been toward exploring how structural and attitudinal aspects of contemporary health care systems shape the illness experience of persons affected by cancer or chronic disease. Dr. Thorne has made a major contribution to qualitative research by developing interpretive description as a methodological option for those whose research reflects the aspirations of applied disciplines, including the health and social service professions. She is a widely published scholar and author, edits the renowned journal Nursing Inquiry on the ideas affecting nursing and health care, and is a committed educator and mentor. By virtue of her expertise on the nature of knowledge for applied practice, she is internationally sought after as a qualitative methodological consultant.
- Author(s)Sally Thorne
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleDeveloping Qualitative Inquiry
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £22.57
- £9.83Trending at £13.37
- £23.28Trending at £24.29
- £24.81Trending at £27.54
- £40.35Trending at £41.25
- £19.77Trending at £19.99
- £30.00Trending at £43.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.