CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of papers organized around three central themes in Hanks's work: indexicality and referential practices; discourse genres and textuality; and the historical embeddedness of language. Together, they represent the main elements of a synthetic approach to language in context.
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Hanks, Berkeley Distinguished Chair in Linguistic Anthropology and Professor and Chair of the Department of Anthropology at the University of California at Berkeley, is the author of Language and Communicative Practices and other noted works on language.
- Author(s)William F. Hanks
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/12/1999
- Series TitleLanguage, Culture & Society S.
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width146 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.