Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £33.90
- £6.95Trending at £10.27
- £14.35Trending at £17.45
- £24.06Trending at £26.88
- £29.31Trending at £31.43
- £22.60Trending at £28.65
- £13.11Trending at £14.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis book surveys autism care, covering long-term outcomes, home and class strategies, parent resilience training, pharmacological management, treatment assessment, best practices and more. Profiles such programs as Early Start, TEACCH, PROGress and others.
- Author BiographySam Goldstein, Ph.D., is a doctoral level psychologist with areas of study in school psychology, child development, and neuropsychology. He is licensed as a psychologist and certified as a developmental disabilities evaluator in the State of Utah. Dr. Goldstein is a Fellow in the National Academy of Neuropsychology and American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine. Dr. Goldstein is an Assistant Clinical Instructor in the Department of Psychiatry. Since 1980, Dr. Goldstein has worked in a private practice setting as the Director of a multidisciplinary team, providing evaluation, case management, and treatment services for children and adults with histories of neurological disease and trauma, learning disability, adjustment difficulties, and attention deficit disorder. Dr. Goldstein is on staff at the University Neuropsychiatric Institute. He has served as a member of the Children's Hospital Craniofacial Team. He has also been a member of the Developmental Disabilities Clinic in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Utah Medical School. Dr. Goldstein has authored, co-authored or edited 38 clinical and trade publications, including 17 text books dealing with managing children's behavior in the classroom, genetics, attention disorder and adult learning disabilities. With Barbara Ingersoll, Ph.D., he has co-authored texts dealing with controversial treatments for children's learning and attention problems and childhood depression. With Anne Teeter Ellison, he has authored Clinician's Guide to Adult ADHD: Assessment and Intervention. With Nancy Mather, Ph.D., he has completed 3 texts for teachers and parents concerning behavioral and educational issues. With Michael Goldstein, M.D., he has completed two texts on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. He has edited 3 texts with Cecil Reynolds, Ph.D., on neurodevelopmental and genetic disorders in children. With Robert Brooks, Ph.D., he has authored 11 texts including, Handbook of Resilience in Children, Understanding and Managing Children's Classroom Behavior - 2nd Edition, Raising Resilient Children, Nurturing Resilience in Our Children, Seven Steps to Help Children Worry Less, Seven Steps to Anger Management, The Power of Resilience, Raising a Self-Disciplined Child and Raising Resilient Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. With Jack Naglieri and Sally Ozonoff, Ph.D., he has authored a number of texts on autism, assessment of Intelligence and Executive Functioning. He has co-authored a parent training program and is currently completing a number of additional texts on resilience, ADHD and genetics. Dr. Goldstein is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Attention Disorders and serves on 7 Editorial Boards. He is also the Co-Editor of the Encyclopedia of Child Development and Behavior. With Jack Naglieri, Ph.D., Dr. Goldstein is the co-author of the Autism Spectrum Rating Scales, Comprehensive Executive Functioning Inventory, Rating Scales of Impairment and the Cognitive Assessment System - 2nd Edition. Dr. Goldstein, a knowledgeable and entertaining speaker, has lectured extensively on a national and international basis to thousands of professionals and parents concerning attention disorders in children, resilience, depression, adjustment and developmental impairments, autism, and assessment of brain dysfunction. Jack A. Naglieri, Ph.D., is a Research Professor at the University of Virginia, Senior Research Scientist at the Devereux Center for Resilient Children, and Emeritus Professor of Psychology at George Mason University. He is a Fellow of APA Divisions 15 and 16 and recipient of APA Division 16 Senior Scientist Award (2001). He earned degrees in school psychology from St. John's University (1975) and worked as a school psychologist in Bethpage, New York from 1975 to 1977. He obtained his Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Georgia in 1979, taught school psychology at Northern Arizona University (1979-1982), The Ohio Sta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight575 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJack A. Naglieri,Sam Goldstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.