All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £66.04Was:£67.99Free postage
- £70.95Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for students interested in what are arguably the most profoundly important issues - from the basics of safe and sustainable food and fiber production to big picture topics such as energy, ecology, and environmental quality.
- Author BiographyCraig C. Sheaffer received his B.S. at Delaware Valley College, Doylestown, PA; and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees at the University of Maryland, College Park before becoming a professor in the Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul, where he received the College of Food and Natural Resources distinguished teaching award in 2006. He has studied sustainable cropping systems for more than 30 years, focusing on the topics of forage production, pasture improvement, organic crop production, and bioenergy crops. He is particularly interested in using legumes such as alfalfa, kura clover, and Illinois bundleflower for livestock nutrition and soil conservation and to supply biologically fixed nitrogen for other crops. He is a fellow in the American Society of Agronomy and the Crop Science Society. Kristine M. Moncada is an assistant scientist in the Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul, where she assists with research in organic agriculture and has helped develop a risk management guide for organic farmers. Kristine has a B.S. in ecology and an M.S. in applied plant sciences, both from the University of Minnesota. Her previous research has included characterizing the genetic diversity of native plants in Minnesota including purple prairie clover, spotted joe-pye weed, and prairie cord grass. She has also assisted in teaching undergraduate plant identification courses. She has co-authored two interactive computer-based learning modules-- Forage Legume Identification and Forage Legume Morphology --for the Crop Advisor Institute at Iowa State University.
- Author(s)Craig C. Sheaffer,Kristine M. Moncada
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1320 g
- Width211 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.84
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.08
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.50
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
- £5.21Trending at £5.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.