All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.33
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £33.99Trending at £37.63
- £16.29Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
About this product
- DescriptionOrganized so that the reader moves from the simplest type of design to more complex ones, the authors introduce five different kinds of ANOVA techniques and explain which design//analysis is appropriate to answer specific questions.
- Author BiographyDr J. Rick Turner is Senior Scientific Director, Quintiles Communications, a role in which he facilitates publications by many colleagues in the peer-reviewed and professional literature. He is an experimental research scientist and clinical trialist, with particular interests in the cardiac and cardiovascular safety of noncardiovascular drugs and the development and use of drugs for hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Before joining Quintiles, Dr Turner was Chairman of the Department of Clinical Research at Campbell University School of Pharmacy, a Clinical Submissions Scientist at GlaxoSmithKline, and President & Chief Scientific Officer at Turner Medical Communications LLC. He has published a total of 14 authored and edited books, and 130 peer-reviewed papers and articles in professional journals. He is a member of various professional societies, a Fellow of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, and a Senior Fellow at the Center for Medicine in the Public Interest. Dr. Julian F. Thayer received his Ph.D. from New York University in psychophysiology with a minor in quantitative methods. Dr. Thayer has held faculty positions at Penn State University and the University of Missouri. Before moving to the Ohio State University in 2006 as the Ohio Eminent Scholar Professor in Health Psychology, Dr. Thayer was Chief of the Emotions and Quantitative Psychophysiology Section in the Laboratory of Personality and Cognition at the National Institute on Aging. He has also been a visiting professor at the University of Bergen in Norway and the Free University of Amsterdam and a Research Fellow in Residence at the STUDIO for Creative Inquiry at Carnegie Mellon University. He has published over 195 research papers and book chapters covering a wide range of topics including behavioral medicine, cardiology, emotion, psycho- pathology, bioengineering, research design and multivariate statistical techniques. Dr. Thayer has received numerous research awards including the Sigma Xi Research Recognition Award and the Early Career Award for Contributions to Psychosomatic Medicine from the American Psychosomatic Society, and he is a Fellow of the Society for Behavioral Medicine. He has also received a Fulbright Fellowship to conduct research on emotion in Norway and an Alexander von Humboldt Research Award to conduct research in Germany. He is a former Associate Editor of Psychophysiology, on the editorial board of Psychosomatic Medicine as well as Music and Medicine and is an Associate Editor of Bio-Psycho-Social Medicine. He has also served as the program chair for the Society for Behavioral Medicine, the American Psychosomatic Society, and the Rocky Mountain Bioengineering Symposium. Dr. Thayer is currently the President of the Rocky Mountain Bioengineering Symposium and President Elect of the Academy of Behavioral Medicine Research. Dr. Thayer is also a professional jazz musician with numerous recordings to his credit. Dr. Thayer has performed extensively throughout the United States and Europe including performances with Charlie Mariano, George Garzone, John Hicks, Terrell Stafford, Carter Jefferson, Vernon Reid, Paul Steven Ray, Pheeroan akLaff, Scott Robinson, Klaus Suonsaari, Cyro Baptiste, Douglas Bown, Buck Hill, Emil Viklicky, Michael Weiss, Jim Beard, Eldar Djangirov, and Jimmy Cobb. He has recorded with Charlie Mariano, Geri Allen, Pheeroan akLaff, Emil Viklicky, Paul Steven Ray, Scott Robinson, Frank Carlberg, Eli Fountain, Jarmo Savolainen, and Klaus Suonsaari.
- Author(s)J. Rick Turner,Julian F. Thayer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/04/2001
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.