All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn overview of aeronautical and aerospace engineering. It blends history and biography with discussion of engineering concepts, and shows the development of flight through this perspective. It covers new developments in flight, including unmanned aerial vehicles, uninhabited combat aerial vehicles, and applications of CFD in aircraft design.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Anderson, Jr., was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, on October 1, 1937. He attended the University of Florida, graduating in 1959 with high honors and a Bachelor of Aeronautical Engineering Degree. From 1959 to 1962, he was a Lieutenant and Task Scientist at the Aerospace Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. From 1962 to 1966, he attended the Ohio State University under the National Science Foundation and NASA Fellowships, graduating with a PhD in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. In 1966, he joined the U.S. Naval Ordnance Laboratory as Chief of the Hypersonics Group. In 1973, he became Chairman of the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Maryland, and since 1980 has been Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Maryland. In 1982, he was designated a Distinguished Scholar/Teacher by the University. During 1986-1987, while on sabbatical from the University, Dr. Anderson occupied the Charles Lindbergh Chair at the National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution. He continued with the Air and Space Museum one day each week as their Special Assistant for Aerodynamics, doing research and writing on the History of Aerodynamics. In addition to his position as Professor of Aerospace Engineering, in 1993, he was made a full faculty member of the Committee for the History and Philosophy of Science and in 1996 an affiliate member of the History Department at the University of Maryland. In 1996, he became the Glenn L. Martin Distinguished Professor for Education in Aerospace Engineering. In 1999, he retired from the University of Maryland and was appointed Professor Emeritus. He is currently the Curator for Aerodynamics at the National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- Author(s)John D. Anderson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight1506 g
- Width193 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.