All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £3.78Trending at £6.99
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £23.56Trending at £40.09
- £15.17Trending at £23.99
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
About this product
- DescriptionWith a focus firmly on nonextensive statistical mechanics, a current generalization of Boltzmann-Gibbs (BG) statistical mechanics, this book covers in a comprehensive way one of the greatest monuments of contemporary physics, conceived more than 130 years ago.
- Author Biographyhttp://tsallis.cat.cbpf.br/biblio.htm Born in Athens-Greece, grew up in Argentina, Docteur d' Etat from the University of Paris, established in Brazil since 1975, where he acquired the Brazilian citizenship. Many of the most recent theoretical results have, as co-author, Murray Gell-Mann, Nobel Laureate in Physics for his discovery of quarks. The author has recently done a two-year-long visit as researcher at the Santa Fe Institute, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Constantino Tsallis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note198 black & white illustrations, 40 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight742 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.