All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.40
- £40.47Trending at £46.49
- £56.83Trending at £57.42
- £23.65Trending at £25.93
- £27.26Trending at £29.64
About this product
- DescriptionDescribing space-charge effects in semiconductors, this text moves from basic principles to advanced application in semiconducting devices. It uses detailed analyses of the transport, Poisson, and continuity equations to show the behavior of solution curves.
- Author BiographyDr. Karl W. Boer, is a Distinguished Professor of Physics and Solar Energy at the University of Delaware, emeritus, he is a fellow of the American Physical Society, the IEEE, the ASES, and the AAAS; he has won numerous top prizes in National and International Professional Societies and from his University; he is the Author of over 320 publications relating to solid state physics and solar energy and the author of six books in solid state physics, numerous book chapters and editor of 25 international proceedings. He created physica status solidi and is still an editor of series (a), he has created and acted as editor-in-chief of the Advances in Solar Energy for more than two decades. Listed in World's Who's Who and may other reference books and was recently inducted into the World's Solar Energy Hall of Fame. He is best known for his extensive research into the electrical properties of cadmium sulfide and for his development of CdS-based solar cells and for the creation of the first solar house that integrated solar electric and thermal conversion in a systems approach (the Solar One house of the University of Delaware). He is the author of numerous patents in the field of semiconducting and photo conducting devices. He is still a Research Professor with the Department of Physics and Astronomy, and the Department of Material Science and Engineering, as well as conducting joined research of CdS/CdTe solar cells with members of the Institute of Energy Conversion of the University of Delaware. The University created in his name the Solar Energy Medal for Distinguished Contribution to Global Solar Energy Utilization, with the first awardee, the former President of United States, Jimmy Carter in 1988 and since then biannually to worlds leaders in solar energy conversion.
- Author(s)Karl W. Boer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication20/12/2009
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Solid-State Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number160
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note6 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, color; 167 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 331 p. 168 illus., 1 illus. in color.
- Weight747 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2010 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.