Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £11.97Trending at £13.96
- £7.59Trending at £7.82
- £12.84Trending at £14.79
- £8.00Trending at £8.85
- £8.12Trending at £8.64
- £9.60Trending at £11.99
- £7.66Trending at £10.02
About this product
- Author(s)George L. Pickard,Stephen Pond
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/01/1983
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
- Table Of ContentsCONTENTS INCLUDE: Properties of seawater relevant to physical oceanography; The basic physical laws used in oceanography and classifications of forces and motions in the sea; The equation of continuity of volume; The equation of motion in oceanography; The role of the non-linear terms and the magnitudes of terms in the equations of motion; Currents without friction - geostrophic flow; Currents with friction - wind-driven circulation; Numerical models; Waves; Tides.
- Author BiographyGeorge Pickard (1913-2007) was a Professor of Oceanography at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and was Director of the UBC Institute of Oceanography from 1958 to 1978. He received his B.A. and his Ph.D. in physics from Oxford. He was appointed to the UBC physics department after service in WWII. George was a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the Royal Society of Canada, and the National Geographic Society.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.