All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £17.42Trending at £20.29
- £23.48Trending at £24.50
- £20.52Trending at £21.10
- £13.79Trending at £18.95
- £11.24Trending at £12.99
- £19.26Trending at £25.89
- £8.82Trending at £8.96
About this product
- Author(s)Derek H. Ogle
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC: The R Series
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note76 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of Contents(Very Brief) Introduction to R Basics Why R for Fisheries Scientists? Installing R and RStudio Packages Prompts, Expressions, and Comments Objects Functions Data Storage More with Functions Looping Saving Results Getting Help Loading Data and Basic Manipulations Loading Data into R Basic Data Manipulations Joining Data.Frames Re-Arranging Data.Frames New Data.Frame from Aggregation Exporting Data.Frames to External Data Files Further Considerations Plotting Fundamentals Scatterplots Line Plots Histograms Bar Plots Fitted Model Plots Some Finer Control of Plots Saving or Exporting Plots Age Comparisons Data Requirements Age-Bias Plot Bias Metrics Precision Metrics Further Considerations Age-Length Keys Foundational Background Constructing an Age-Length Key Visualizing the Age-Length Key Apply an Age-Length Key Statistically Compare Age-Length Keys Further Considerations Size Structure Data Requirements Length Frequency Proportional Size Distribution (PSD) Among-Group Statistical Comparisons Further Considerations Weight-Length Relationships Data Requirements Weight-Length Model Fitting Linear Regressions Among-Group Statistical Comparisons Further Considerations Condition Data Requirements Condition Metrics Among Group Statistical Comparisons Further Considerations Abundance from Capture-Recapture Data Data Requirements Closed Population, Single Recapture Closed Population, Multiple Recaptures Open Populations Further Considerations Abundance from Depletion Data Leslie and DeLury Methods K-Pass Removal Methods Mortality Rates Total Mortality Definitions Total Mortality from Catch Curve Data Total Mortality from Capture-Recapture Data Mortality Components Further Considerations Individual Growth Data Requirements Growth Functions Fitting Nonlinear Regressions Among-Group Statistical Comparisons Typical Model Fitting Problems Further Considerations Recruitment Stock-Recruitment Relationships Spawning Potential Ratio Year-Class Strength Further Considerations References Subject Index R Functions (Demonstrated) Index R Functions (Mentioned) Index Scientific Names
- Author BiographyDerek H. Ogle is a professor of mathematical sciences and natural resources at Northland College, where he teaches statistics and fisheries science courses and has received awards for teaching, scholarly work, service, and assessment activities. Dr. Ogle maintains the fishR website, which is dedicated to sharing information on how to perform fisheries analyses in R. He earned a PhD in fisheries science from the University of Minnesota. His research interests include the population dynamics of invasive species and little-studied native species.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.