All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished by Berghahn Books in association with the Royal Anthropological Institute Anthropology seeks to understand human social behaviour and how societies are formed. As a method of inquiry it embraces an enormous range of topics, and as a discipline it covers a multitude of fields and themes, as shown in this selection of original writings.
- Author BiographyHilary Callan was Director of the Royal Anthropological Institute from 2000-2010. She is a member of the Institute's Committee on Anthropology in Secondary and Further Education; and is Editor-in-Chief of a forthcoming International Encyclopaedia of Anthropology. Brian Street is Emeritus Professor of Language in Education at King's College, London University and Visiting Professor of Education in the Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania. He has a commitment to linking ethnographic-style research on the cultural dimension of language and literacy with contemporary practice in education and in development. He is currently a Vice President of the RAI Council and is Chair of the RAI Education Committee. Simon Underdown is a biological anthropologist specialising in human evolution. He is Senior Lecturer in Biological Anthropology at Oxford Brookes University, and a member of the Council and Education Committee of the Royal Anthropological Institute. In addition to scholarly publications, he has written numerous articles on human evolution for the UK's national press.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Edited byBrian Street,Hilary Callan,Simon Underdown
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £6.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.