All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £4.55Trending at £4.80
- £25.99Trending at £30.88
- £22.57Trending at £23.30
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a comprehensive introduction to the field both for students new to psychiatry and for students who are studying for their board exams.
- Author BiographyDonald W. Black, M.D., is Professor, Director of Residency Training, and Vice Chair for Education, Department of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa. He is a graduate of Stanford University, where he received his undergraduate degree, and the University of Utah School of Medicine. He received his psychiatric training at the University of Iowa, where he now serves as Director of Residency Training and Vice Chair for Education in the Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Black is an authority on personality disorders and impulsive behavior. He has written several books, including Bad Boys, Bad Men - Confronting Antisocial Personality Disorder (Sociopathy) and DSM-5 Guidebook (with Jon E. Grant). He is a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and Past President of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists. Nancy C. Andreasen, M.D., Ph.D., is the Andrew H. Woods Chair, Department of Psychiatry at the University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa. She received a Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of Nebraska, and later, a medical degree from the University of Iowa, where she also trained in psychiatry. She is one of the world's leading authorities on schizophrenia and was a pioneer in the application of neuroimaging techniques to the study of major mental illnesses. She is the author of numerous books including The Creating Brain: The Neuroscience of Genius, The Broken Brain: The Biological Revolution in Psychiatry, and Brave New Brain: Conquering Mental Illness in the Era of the Genome. Dr. Andreasen received the National Medal of Science in 2000, America's highest award for scientific achievement. She is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science. She served as Editor-in-Chief of the American Journal of Psychiatry for 13 years.
- Author(s)Donald W. Black,Nancy C. Andreasen
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Content Note4 halftones, 8 line drawings, 113 tables
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.