All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrancesco Petrarca, one of the greatest of Italian poets, was the leading spirit in the Renaissance movement to revive ancient Roman language and literature. Petrarch's four Invectives , written in Latin, were inspired by the eloquence of the great Roman orator Cicero. This title includes the English translation of three of the four invectives.
- Author BiographyDavid Marsh is Professor of Italian at Rutgers University and the author of Lucian and the Latins: Humor and Humanism in the Early Renaissance.
- Author(s)Francesco Petrarca
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Translated byDavid Marsh
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £8.98
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.