Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFar from being a record of southern failure, Lakwete concludes, the cotton gin-correctly understood-supplies evidence that the slave labor-based antebellum South innovated, industrialized, and modernized.
- Author BiographyAngela Lakwete is an associate professor of history at Auburn University.
- PrizesWinner of Edelstein Prize for an Outstanding Book on the History of Technology 2004 (United States).
- Author(s)Angela Lakwete
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication12/08/2005
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleJohns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note10 Line drawings, black and white; 16 Halftones, black and white
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £6.00Trending at £6.31
- £6.79Trending at £6.92
- £17.40Trending at £19.95
- £25.37Trending at £37.37
- £17.18Trending at £20.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.