All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
- £58.30Trending at £72.05
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigative Ethics: Ethics for Police Detectives and Criminal Investigators presents applied philosophical analyses of the ethical issues that arise for police detectives and other criminal investigators in contemporary society.
- Author BiographySeumas Miller is a Professorial Research Fellow in Applied Philosophy at the Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics at Charles Sturt University, Canberra, and the 3TU Centre for Ethics and Technology at Delft University of Technology, The Hague. His authored books include Social Action: A Teleological Account (2001), The Moral Foundations of Social Institutions: A Philosophical Study (2010), Terrorism and Counter-terrorism: Ethics and Liberal Democracy (2009), and, with John Blackler, Ethical Issues in Policing (2005). Ian A. Gordon is Associate Professor in Policing at Charles Sturt University and Convener of the Standards Commission for Scotland. A former chief police officer in Scotland, Gordon was responsible for professional standards, police use of firearms, and the Scottish DNA Database. He has commanded major events (2005 G8 conference) and worked with police forces in Australia, Sri Lanka, Sierra Leone, Russia, and Thailand on police strategy, crime, and professional/ethical issues.
- Author(s)Ian A. Gordon,Professor Seumas Miller
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight422 g
- Width156 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.