CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionYour round-trip ticket to the wildest, wackiest, most outrageous people, places, and things the Hawkeye State has to offer!
- Author BiographyDan Coffey is best known as public radio's Dr. Science. While in graduate school, Coffey co-founded an absurdist theater group who called themselves Duck's Breath Mystery Theater. After receiving his MFA in Playwriting from the University of Iowa in 1975, he and his comedy troupe moved to San Francisco, where they remained for the next twelve years, performing in night clubs and college campuses. Coffey and fellow Duck Merle Kessler developed the Ask Dr. Science show, which has been a staple on public radio since 1983. Coffey and Kessler have written two Dr. Science books, Dr. Science's Big Book of Science (Contemporary Books, 1985), and Dr. Science's Big Book of Science, Simplified (William Morrow, 1992). Dr. Science also was the star of a PBS special and a Fox television series.Coffey makes his home in Iowa City, Iowa, where he continues to write in a humorous vein. Co-author Eric Jones is a recent graduate of The University of Iowa's Nonfiction Writing Program. A personal essayist and travel writer, he also works as a mover and as a nursing assistant at the University of Iowa Hospital's Burn Treatment Center.
- Author(s)Dan Coffey,Eric Jones
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/11/2009
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleCuriosities Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight19 g
- Width166 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.