All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionCovering the 1916 Rising, the War of Independence, the Civil War and the foundation of the Irish Free State, this volume details the life of an Irish Volunteer soldier. It covers his appearance, equipment and weaponry, the experiences of internment, life on the run, discipline, and typical duties.
- Author BiographyBrendan O'Shea is a serving officer in the Irish Army, and has recently completed the Command & Staff Course at the Military College, Co Kildare. Brendan is the author of 'Crisis at Bihac' (Sutton Publishing, 1998) and edited 'In The Service of Peace - Memories of Lebanon' (Mercier Press, 2001). Gerry White is a serving Irish Army officer. Gerry is the co-author of 'The Barracks' (Mercier Press, 1997). Together with Brendan O'Shea, he has written several articles for An Cosantoir, the Irish defence forces magazine. Bill Younghusband was born in 1936. He has been interested in all things military since childhood, an interest compounded through the reading of authors such as G. A. Henty. In 1954 he joined the Life Guards and saw service in Egypt and Cyprus. Bill is a respected military illustrator of many years' experience, and has illustrated numerous Osprey books on 18th and 19th-century subjects.
- Author(s)Brendan O'Shea,Gerry White
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2003
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 80
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note8 colour & 55 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight222 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Illustrator(s)William Younghusband
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.