CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £6.07Trending at £6.24
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionIn their homelands in New York State, Iroquois and their issues have come to dominate public debate as the residents of the region seek ways to resolve the multi-billion dollar land claims against the state. This volume is written from an Iroquois perspective.
- Author BiographyDouglas M. George-Kanentiio was born and raised on the shores of the Kaniatarowanenneh (St. Lawrence) River on the Akwesasne Mohawk Territory. An award-winning writer and journalist, he has served the Mohawk Nation in numerous capacities, including as a land claims negotiator, a co-founder of Radio CKON, and the editor of the news journal Akwesasne Notes. He is the author of the books Iroquois Culture and Commentary and Skywoman: Tales of the Iroquois. From 1996 to 2002, he was a member of the Board of Trustees for the National Museum of the American Indian. He once had the honor of bearing the Olympic torch. He resides on Oneida Territory with his wife, the singer Joanne Shenandoah.
- Author(s)Douglas M. George-Kanentiio
- Date of Publication30/08/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleNative America: Yesterday and Today
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.