All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert J. Shiller
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/01/2015
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note13 line illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Expanded Third
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures and Tables ixPreface to the Third Edition xiPreface to the Second Edition, 2005 xixPreface to the First Edition, 2000 xxvAcknowledgments xxxi1 The Stock Market in Historical Perspective 12 The Bond Market in Historical Perspective 113 The Real Estate Market in Historical Perspective 18Part 1 Structural Factors4 Precipitating Factors: The Internet, the Capitalist Explosion, and Other Events 395 Amplification Mechanisms: Naturally Occurring Ponzi Processes 70Part 2 Cultural Factors6 The News Media 1017 New Era Economic Thinking 1238 New Eras and Bubbles around the World 150Part 3 Psychological Factors9 Psychological Anchors for the Market 16510 Herd Behavior and Epidemics 175Part 4 Attempts to Rationalize Exuberance11 Efficient Markets, Random Walks, and Bubbles 19512 Investor Learning-and Unlearning 214Part 5 A Call to Action13 Speculative Volatility in a Free Society 225Appendix Nobel Prize Lecture: Speculative Asset Prices 239Notes 281References 321Index 339
- Author BiographyRobert J. Shiller, the recipient of the 2013 Nobel Prize in economics, is a bestselling author, a regular contributor to the Economic View column of the New York Times, and a professor of economics at Yale University. For more information, please go to www.irrationalexuberance.com.
- PrizesWinner of Commonfund Prize for the Best Contribution to Endowment Management Research 2000. Joint winner of Co-Winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Economics 2013. Commended for A New York Times Bestseller.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.