All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
About this product
- DescriptionRecognized as one of the earliest Jewish Neoplatonist writers, Isaac ben Solomon Israeli (ca 855-955) influenced Muslim, Jewish, and Christian scholars through the Middle Ages. This book contains English translations of Israeli's philosophical writings, including the Book of Definitions , and the Book of Substances .
- Author BiographyAlexander Altmann (1906-87) was the founder of the Institute of Jewish Studies and professor at Brandeis University and Harvard University, among other institutions. He authored many books, including Moses Mendelssohn: A Biographical Study. Samuel M. Stern (1920-69) was a senior research fellow of All Souls College and university lecturer in the history of Islamic civilization at the University of Oxford. He coauthored Muslim Studies (v. 1).
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Translated byAlexander Altmann,Samuel M. Stern
- Foreword byAlfred Ivry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.