All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA portrait of Isaac Newton, the man who changed our understanding of the universe, of science, and of faith is painted in this book.
- Author BiographyJames Gleick was born in New York in 1954. He worked for ten years as an editor and reporter for The New York Times. He is the bestselling author of Chaos, Genius, Faster, and What Just Happened.
- Author(s)James Gleick
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/07/2006
- Content Note8 b/w, 1 col illus, (8 integrated half tones, 1 4-colour frontispiece), With index
- Weight433 g
- Width141 mm
- Height196 mm
Most relevant reviews
- e2jpi-126 Feb, 2016by
Perhaps an Equal and Opposite Reaction to the Expectation...
It depends what you want; if it's an in depth appreciation of the history of Newton's discoveries, coupled with technical examples of his work, then like me you'll be disappointed. If you are looking forward to a dull appreciation of Newton's life, some insight as to his philosophy, then this work may have some gravity...
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08