All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.99Trending at £22.57
- £9.83Trending at £12.13
- £23.28Trending at £24.17
- £31.13Trending at £31.58
- £58.12Trending at £75.18
- £24.81Trending at £27.54
- £24.63Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe transformation of the Turkish state is examined here in the context of globalized frames of neo-liberal capitalism and contemporary schemas of Islamic politics. It shows how the historical emergence of two distinct yet intertwined imaginaries of state structuring, laiklik and Islam, continues to influence Turkish politics today.
- Author BiographyYILDIZ ATASOY is Associate Professor of Sociology at Simon Fraser University, Canada. Her books include Hegemonic Transitions, the State and Crisis in Neoliberal Capitalism (edited); Turkey, Islamists and Democracy: Transition and Globalization in a Muslim State and Global Shaping and Its Alternatives (edited with William K. Carroll).
- Author(s)Yildiz Atasoy
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication22/10/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteVIII, 288 p.
- Weight569 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.