Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.60Trending at £9.86
- £10.74Trending at £13.98
- £12.17Trending at £12.53
- £6.83Trending at £7.98
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £8.00Trending at £10.11
- £4.20Trending at £5.95
About this product
- DescriptionRemote, romantic and often mysterious, the islands off the coast of Scotland hold a strong fascination for thousands of visitors each year. Focusing on Islay, this title is one of a series of illustrated guidebooks providing information on heritage, landscape, climate, flora and fauna.
- Author BiographyNorman Newton was born in Glasgow, spent his teenage years in Nelson, New Zealand, and attended college and university in the USA. He returned to Scotland to work in university and public libraries, in Glasgow, Campbeltown and Inverness. He has written extensively on islands and Highland history and archaeology, and is the Reference Libranian at Inverness Public Library.
- Author(s)Norman S. Newton
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication07/04/1995
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitlePevensey Island Guides
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Out-of-print date23/10/2009
- Content Note75 colour photographs, 1 map, place names and pronunciation, bibliography, index
- Weight346 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.