CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionIt All Began in Nuremberg is a translation of Rita Thalmann's moving memoir, Tout Commenca a Nuremberg, originally published in France in 2004. Thalmann's memoir represents one of the last voices to witness personally the rise of Nazism and the Holocaust. The author, a scholar of significance in France, died on August 18, 2013.
- Author BiographyRita Thalmann was Professor Emeritus of History and Germanic civilization at the University Paris VII-Denis Diderot, France, an officer of the Legion d'honneur, a member of the honorary committee of Lycra (NGO delegate to UNESCO), and founder of the Centre for Studies in International Community Research (CERIC). Her many books include La Nuit de cristal (avec Emmanuel Feinemann), (Laffont, 1972); Dix lecons sur le nazisme (sous la dir. d'Alfred Grosser); Etre femme sous le IIIe Reich (Laffont, 1982); La Mise au pas de la France, 1940-1944, (Fayard, 1991); Naissance des cites, (Nathan, 1991); La Republique de Weimar, Que sais-je ? , (PUF, 1995); Protestantisme et nationalisme en Allemagne de 1900 a 1945 (Klincksieck, 2000), and Tout commenca a Nuremberg (autobiographie), (Berg International, 2004). Mary-Claire Connes Wrage is the daughter of Henriette Connes (the English instructor who passed Rita to the Free Zone). Connes Wrage also co-translated A POW's Memoir of the First World War (Bloomsbury, 2004). Lois Vines is Professor of French at Ohio University, USA. Her books include Valery and Poe, A Literary Legacy (NYU, 1992), Poe Abroad: Influence, Reputation, Affinities (Iowa, 1999), and A POW's Memoir of the First World War (Bloomsbury, 2004).
- Author(s)Rita Thalmann
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byMarie-Claire Connes Wrage,Lois Vines
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.