All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the ultimate biography of one of the world's most famous amateur astronomers, Sir Patrick Moore. It discusses all aspects of his life and work, from his childhood and RAF service to his astronomical observations and his many publications.
- Author BiographyMartin Mobberley holds a BSc in Electronic Engineering from Brunel University and worked as an electronics/software engineer for Marconi for 22 years. He is the author of eight practical astronomy books for Springer, as well as three small children's space books with Top That! Publishing. He has authored over 300 articles for Astronomy Now, The Journal of the British Astronomical Association, BBC Sky at Night and various other publications. He is the author of the Comet, Eclipse and Minor Planet sections of Macmillan's 'Patrick Moore Yearbook of Astronomy' and the former president of the British Astronomical Association (BAA). Martin was the BAA Goodacre Medal winner of 2000 and appeared as a guest on Patrick Moore's Sky at Night TV program a total of ten times. He was a personal friend of Sir Patrick Moore for 30 years.
- Author(s)Martin Mobberley
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication24/07/2013
- GenreBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 30 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1192 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.