All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a brilliant explanation of the basics of space flight, from building the rocket to planning the mission and getting home again. Written by an engineer who is also an accomplished science writer, it covers the subject comprehensively, yet is almost entirely descriptive and non-mathematical.
- Author BiographyDr Lucy Rogers is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and a member of the British Association of Science Writers. She is an engineer, and is currently working on the Launch Escape System propulsion unit for StarChaser, the UK's commercial space access company. She has published articles in The Guardian national newspaper, and on BBC Online.
- Author(s)Dr. Lucy Rogers
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 Illustrations, color; 35 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 350 p. 70 illus., 35 illus. in color.
- Weight623 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.94
- £35.99Trending at £48.19
- £27.44Trending at £28.52
- £108.12Trending at £157.72
- £14.41Trending at £16.03
- £10.18Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.