All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.93Trending at £6.94
- £4.24Trending at £4.97
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £10.97Trending at £13.41
- £4.67Trending at £7.95
- £5.00Trending at £8.98
- £4.50Trending at £4.86
About this product
- DescriptionFor readers who love Sophie's Choice, Schindler's Ark and The Book Thief, this heartbreaking and tender novel weaves back and forward in time and place between Austria during the Second World War, to Switzerland and 1920s England to tell the interlinked stories of Jakob, an 8 year old gypsy boy, his father Yavy and his English mother Lor.
- Author BiographyLindsay Hawdon is a writer of travel, adventure and fiction. On leaving school, she spent three years travelling around Europe, Africa and India, hitching rides and sleeping under canvas. She has since travelled to over sixty countries and writes regularly for The Sunday Times, The Sunday Telegraph, the Australian and the LA Times. Her travel column 'An Englishwoman Abroad' ran in the Sunday Telegraph in 2000 and ran for seven years. Her articles for the Sunday Times called 'Have Kids Will Travel' followed a year's trip travelling solo with her two young boys around South East Asia. She lives in Bath with her family.
- PrizesShortlisted for Authors' Club Best First Novel Award 2016.
- Author(s)Lindsay Hawdon
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/03/2017
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.