All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the best loved of all English novelists. She addresses the politics, dating and courtship with an incisive intelligence that both foreshadows and outsrips many of the romantic novels of today.
- Author BiographyJane Austen was born in 1775 at Steventon, Hampshire. She was the seventh child of the local rector and her life, by modern standards, was uneventful. In 1801 she moved with her parents to Bath but returned to Hampshire when her father died, settling in the village of Chawton. She remained there until 1817, when she moved to Winchester to be within easy reach of her doctor. She died that year, at age forty-one, and is buried in Winchester Cathedral, which also contains a plaque in honor of her memory. Four of her novels were published anonymously in her lifetime; two more, one of which was Persuasion, appeared posthumously.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollector's Library Editions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Out-of-print date14/09/2010
- Content Noteline drawings
- Width160 mm
- Height297 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hugh Thomson
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.59Trending at £6.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.00
- £5.95Trending at £9.00
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £5.46Trending at £10.00
- £4.95Trending at £9.00
- £4.55Trending at £9.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.