All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat, where, and when is jazz? To most of us jazz means small combos, made up mostly of men, performing improvisationally in urban club venues. But jazz has been through many changes in the decades since World War II. This book investigates such issues as improvisational analysis, pedagogy, American exceptionalism, and sense of place in jazz.
- Author BiographyDavid Ake is Professor and Chair of the Department of Musicology at the Frost School of Music, University of Miami.
- Author(s)David Ake
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 b/w photographs
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.99
- £3.24Trending at £5.99
- £5.81Trending at £7.95
- £11.79Trending at £15.77
- £6.99Trending at £9.99
- £4.42Trending at £6.37
- £4.58Trending at £5.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.