All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.79
- £66.16Trending at £91.88
- £9.68Trending at £11.66
- £14.25Trending at £14.96
- £16.59Trending at £25.25
- £22.22Trending at £23.47
- £10.38Trending at £10.86
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an introduction to jazz, including music and cultural history, supported by scholarship, various musical selections and listening guides.
- Author BiographyHenry Martin is Professor of Music at Rutgers University--the country's only program that grants a degree in jazz scholarship. He has enjoyed a dual career as an award-winning composer-pianist and a music theorist specializing in jazz and the Western tonal tradition. Albany Records released his SELECTED PIANO MUSIC CD in 2010, and in 2004 Bridge Records released his CD PRELUDES AND FUGUES, with Martin performing. He is coeditor of the ANNUAL REVIEW OF JAZZ STUDIES, and his books include CHARLIE PARKER AND THEMATIC IMPROVISATION, COUNTERPOINT, and ESSENTIAL JAZZ: THE FIRST 100 YEARS, 2e. Keith Waters is Associate Professor of Music Theory at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He has written extensively on jazz improvisation and analysis. A jazz pianist, he has performed in concerts, jazz festivals, and clubs throughout the United States, Europe, and Russia. Prof. Waters has recorded with VSOP Records, and his playing has been a featured topic in JAZZ PLAYER magazine. Among his recent recordings is a Chet Baker tribute with former Baker sideman Phil Urso and West Coast trumpeter Carl Saunders. The current chair of the Jazz Special Interest Group of the Society for Music Theory, he just completed a book on the studio recordings of Miles Davis' second great quintet.
- Author(s)Henry Martin,Keith Waters
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight846 g
- Width215 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.