All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first full-length study of the art and writings of Jean Delville. As a member of the younger generation that emerged during the end of the nineteenth century, he was a dynamic leader of a group of avant-garde artists who sought to establish a new school of Idealist Art in Belgium.
- Author BiographyBrendan Cole is an Art Historian and artist who specialises in late-nineteenth century non-realist art. He has published widely in leading international journals on the work on Jean Delville, Fernand Khnopff and, most recently, on Nicholas Poussin. He completed his Doctorate at Christ Church, Oxford, on aspects of the work of Jean Delville, and tutored at the University of Oxford and the Open University before becoming a School Master at Eton College, which followed on from his work as Keeper of Collections at Knowsley Hall, the home of the Earl of Derby.
- Author(s)Brendan Cole
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication18/11/2014
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.