All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionThe poetry of Jean Follain (1903-1971) is increasingly seen, by poets and critics in France and by his foreign admirers, as central to French poetry's change of course after Surrealism. This title offers translation of his poems.
- Author BiographyJean Follain was born in Canisy, Normandy in 1903. He studied law at Caen and in Paris, passing his bar exams in 1927 before entering legal practice. In 1951 he was appointed an Assize Judge for the Ardennes region. He continued to live in Paris until his death in a street accident in 1971.
- PrizesShort-listed for Oxford-Weidenfeld Translation Prize 2011.
- Author(s)Jean Follain
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2010
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Translated byChristopher Middleton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.