CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £39.99Trending at £47.16
- £23.39Trending at £25.02
- £32.42Trending at £34.94
- £7.59Trending at £10.00
- £8.99Trending at £13.01
- £7.36Trending at £10.00
- £9.15Trending at £12.36
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Paul Sartre: Mind and Body, Word and Deed celebrates Sartre's polyvalence with an examination of Sartrean philosophy, literature, and politics. In four distinct yet related sections, twelve scholars from three continents examine Sartre's thought, writing and action over his long career.
- Author BiographyJean-Pierre Boule is Professor of Contemporary French Studies at Nottingham Trent University in the UK, and the author of a number of books, notably on Sartre, including Sartre mediatique (1992) and Sartre, Self-Formation and Masculinities (2005). He is the co-founder of the UK Sartre Society and executive editor of Sartre Studies International. A volume entitled Existentialism and Contemporary Cinema: A Sartrean Perspective, co-edited with Enda McCaffrey, was published in 2011. A companion volume, Existentialism and Contemporary Cinema: A Beauvoirian Perspective, co-edited with Ursula Tidd, was published in 2012, both with Berghahn Books. Benedict O'Donohoe is Head of Modern Languages at the University of Sussex in the UK. He has spoken and published widely on Sartre and Camus. He is the author of Sartre's Theatre: Acts for Life (Peter Lang, 2005), editor of Jean-Paul Sartre, Les Jeux sont faits (Routledge, 1990), and co-editor of Sartre's Second Century (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009). He has also published more than a score of essays in Australia, Canada, France, Japan, the UK and the USA. He is a former Secretary and President of the UK Sartre Society and is currently UK Reviews Editor of Sartre Studies International.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication13/06/2011
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byBenedict O'Donohoe,Jean-Pierre Boule
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.