All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.93
- £5.89Trending at £5.98
- £4.66Trending at £4.79
- £4.77Trending at £4.91
- £8.37Trending at £8.93
- £4.59Trending at £5.59
- £4.77Trending at £5.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis first volume opens in 1942 as the British fear both Japanese invasion and Indian demands for self-rule. Daphne Manners, daughter of the province governor, is running at night through the Mayapore gardens, away from her Indian lover, who will soon be arrested for her alleged rape.
- Author BiographyPaul Scott (1920-78), born in London, held a commission in the Indian army during World War II. His many novels include Johnnie Sabib, The Chinese Love Pavilion, and Staying On.
- Author(s)Paul Scott
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication22/06/1998
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRaj Quartet S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 1
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width154 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.