Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.67
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
About this product
- DescriptionDeals with the Jewish engagement with blood: animal and human, real and metaphorical. Concentrating on the meaning or significance of blood in Judaism, this book moves this highly controversial subject away from its traditional focus, exploring how Jews themselves engage with blood and its role in Jewish identity, ritual and culture.
- Author BiographyMitchell B. Hart is an associate professor of Jewish history at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He is the author of The Healthy Jew: The Symbiosis of Judaism and Modern Medicine (2007) and Social Science and the Politics of Modern Jewish Identity (2000). He is currently at work on a reader about Jews and race.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Jewish Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMitchell B. Hart
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.