Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionAn exploration of time and space, rumors and silence, colors, tastes, and ideas that recreates the richness of Jewish life in Renaissance Italy. It points out that Jews were frequently uprooted and persecuted, and where stable communities did grow up, it was because the hostility of the Christian population had somehow been overcome.
- Author BiographyRobert Bonfil is Professor of Jewish History at The Hebrew University, Jerusalem. His extensive publications on the history of Italian Jewry in Hebrew, Italian, French, and English have earned him an international reputation. Anthony Oldcorn is Professor of Italian Studies at Brown University.
- Author(s)Robert Bonfil
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication04/03/1994
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byAnthony Oldcorn
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.