Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £110.29
- £97.58Trending at £125.38
- £12.46Trending at £13.44
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
- £26.13Trending at £36.00
- £25.06Trending at £35.19
- £8.85Trending at £11.98
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage might be a highly contested topic, but certainly no more than it was in antiquity. This book offers the study of Jewish marriage in antiquity, from ca 500 BCE to 614 CE. Placing Jewish marriage in its cultural milieu, it investigates whether there was anything essentially Jewish about the institution as it was discussed and practiced.
- Author BiographyMichael L. Satlow is Associate Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at Indiana University, Bloomington. He is the author of Tasting the Dish: Rabbinic Rhetorics of Sexuality.
- Author(s)Michael L. Satlow
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2001
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.