CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.79
- £21.13Trending at £29.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.86
- £18.23Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis work provides an analysis of Jewish music. Drawing upon hundreds of sources, it explains what constitutes Jewish music and the socio-cultural context in which it evolved.
- Author BiographyAmnon Shiloah is the author of the monumental volume The Theory of Music in Arabic Writings, The Musical Subjects in the Zohar, The jewish-Iraqi Musical Tradition, and a four-volume set in Hebrew on the musical traditions of Jewish communities. Currently aprofessor of musicology at the HebrewUniversity of Jerusalem, he earned his Ph.D. from the Sorbonne.
- Author(s)Amnon Shiloah
- PublisherWayne State University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1995
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleJewish Folklore & Anthropology Series
- Place of PublicationDetroit, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWayne State University Press
- Content Note31 illustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.