Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a compilation of articles written by renowned scholars and promising young researchers, in which the Jewish space is revealed as diverse forms of life and relations that developed in the rich context of urbanism, social life, leisure and economic activities, and coexistence with the non-Jewish world.
- Author BiographyJurgita Siauciunaite-Verbickiene studied at the Department of History at Vilnius University. Her Ph.D. thesis addressed some aspects of coexistence of Jews and the Christian part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Presently she is a lecturer at Vilnius University and Director of the Centre for Studies of the Culture and History of East European Jews. Her fields of interest are the socio-cultural history of Jews and comparative studies of non-Christians in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Larisa Lempertiene received her MA in Russian philology. Her postgraduate studies at Vilnius University and Hebrew University in Jerusalem resulted in a Ph.D. thesis on rabbinic exegesis in Lithuania. Presently she teaches Hebrew, commentaries on the Jewish Bible and the traditional Jewish culture of Eastern Europe at the Department of History of Vilnius University.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byJurgita Siauciunaite-Verbickiene,Larisa Lempertiene
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.79Trending at £11.89
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.49
- £19.33Trending at £24.92
- £9.52Trending at £12.97
- £9.60Trending at £12.95
- £6.76Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.