Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the different cultural ideas that have influenced the religious aspects of 'Jihad', a term often mistranslated as 'Holy War', and has become synonymous with terrorism. This book, by observing the identity crisis among ordinary Muslims, explores why, and in what circumstances Muslims speak of jihad.
- Author BiographyGabriele Marranci is Lecturer in the Anthropology of Religion, School of Divinity and Religious Studies, University of Aberdeen. He is the founding editor of Contemporary Islam: Dynamics of Muslim Life.
- Author(s)Gabriele Marranci
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/01/2006
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.