All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoachim Prinz (1902-1988) was one of the extraordinary and innovative figures in modern Jewish history. Never one for conformity, he developed and modeled a new rabbinical role that set him apart from his colleagues in Weimar Germany. This work offers a fascinating glimpse into the life and personality of this unconventional and influential rabbi.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Meyer is Adolph S. Ochs Professor of Jewish History at the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, Ohio, and international president of the Leo Baeck Institute, devoted to the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry. He is author of Response to Modernity: A History of the Reform Movement in Judaism and co-editor (with Michael Brenner) of the four-volume German-Jewish History in Modern Times. He lives in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2007
- GenreAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note18 b&w photos
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMichael Andrew Meyer
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.39Trending at £7.58
- £4.75Trending at £4.83
- £20.06Trending at £22.66
- £12.30Trending at £14.10
- £4.79Trending at £7.41
- £13.80Trending at £20.33
- £10.30Trending at £12.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.